For centuries Jurmala has been a popular tourist resort, thanks to a healthy seaside climate, pine forests, sand dunes and medicinal waters. Today Jurmala is the largest seaside resort in the Baltic States. The city of Jurmala is also proud of its unique wooden architecture, which, since the 19th and early 20th century, has been a unique characteristic of the city. Here classical, art nouveau, national romantic and functionalist buildings coexist harmoniously; 414 buildings are included in the list of architectural monuments, more than 4000 buildings are classified as city historical buildings.
– Take in the view of Riga harbour while crossing the Vansu Bridge and see historical buildings which are included in the UNESCO World Heritage List.
– In Jurmala city we will pass near Livu Akvapark – the biggest aquapark in Northern Europe.
– Visit very beginning of Jurmala – Bulduri, Lielupe, Priedaine – parts which cannot be seen if you travel by public transport. You also will see the former Science house, Yacht club, the residence of the Ambassador of Russian Federation and Sanatorium Belarus.
– Visit Dzintari forest park to see the city from the watchtower.
– We will leave the car in a very centre of city in order explore everything by walk. You will see Dzintari Concert Hall, Former bath-house of Emilija Rācene, Sea Pavillion (which was visited by King of Sweden Gustav V, in summer of 1929), Baltic beach hotel which in Soviet times was a favourite hotel for high-level Communist Party officials, particularly Leonid Brezhnev and Nikita Khruschev.
– There from we will continue our way to Joma street, the central pedestrian street of the city offering plenty of restaurants and bars where it will be possible to eat or take some coffee (own expense). Or just walk around the gift shops and markets.
Then we will drive on to see the very end of the city – home to more than half of city’s population.
It is possible to take a River ship „New way” (depending on the season) and order different Spa programmes in Baltic Beach Hotel.
Price from EUR 50 per person.
Included: transfers, guide, hotel pickup and drop off.
Duration: 4 hours, including time for transfer.